2021 AT&T Byron Nelson Odds and Picks
Brooks Koepka tees off on #9 within the last spherical of the Byron Nelson golf event on Sunday, Could 12, 2019, in Dallas. (AP Photograph/Richard W. Rodriguez)
- The AT&T Byron Nelson from TPC Craig Ranch in McKinney, TX tees off Thursday, Could thirteenth
- Three of the top-five on the earth are competing, together with +850 event favourite Jon Rahm
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the very best probability of rising victorious and supplied the very best worth bets beneath
The ultimate tune-up on the PGA Tour calendar earlier than subsequent week’s PGA Championship sees a robust discipline competing on the AT&T Byron Nelson. This event has moved round lately with the 2018 and 2019 variations being held at Trinity Forest Golf Membership. There was no occasion final 12 months as a consequence of COVID-19, and this time it’ll be at TPC Craig Ranch for the very first time.
Jon Rahm is the favourite over Bryson DeChambeau and Dustin Johnson at a monitor that hosted the 2008 and 2012 Korn Ferry Tour Championship. Final week we have been throughout Rory McIlroy to win the Wells Fargo Championship as a consequence of his dominance at Quail Hole Membership, however this week might be tougher at a brand new venue.
With this being the ultimate event earlier than the second main of the season, this occasion is boasting one among its deepest fields lately. That ought to result in a large open affair within the Lone Star State as Sung Kang returns as defending champion.
2021 AT&T Byron Nelson Odds
|Golfers||Odds at DraftKings|
|Si Woo Kim||+4500|
Odds as of Could tenth
Scheffler Poised for Breakthrough Victory
Scottie Scheffler might be enjoying at one thing of a house sport this week, having been born in Dallas and attending UT in Austin. He’s come near incomes that maiden PGA Tour victory the final couple of years, most notably dropping within the WGC-Dell Applied sciences Match Play last to Billy Horschel in March.
Seven of his final 9 tournaments have resulted in a top-30 end or higher, highlighted by 4 top-eight showings. He’s 14th in birdie common and fifteenth in strokes gained off-the-tee this season which can bode nicely this week. In his final 36 rounds on tour, he’s been stable in lots of strokes gained classes.
Scheffler’s Strokes Gained Stats In Final 36 Rounds on PGA Tour
|Round-the-green||Off-the-tee||Whole||Tee-to-green||Ball Hanging||Brief Recreation||Placing|
Scheffler has gained strokes tee-to-green in his final six measured occasions, and he continues to place himself within the combine as a rule. With there being larger names competing at this championship, his odds are very attractive at +2200, the place he’ll have the followers on his facet as he makes an attempt to get into the winner’s circle for the primary time in his PGA Tour profession.
Final 5 AT&T Byron Nelson Winners
|2019||Sung Kang (2 shot win)|
|2018||Aaron Clever (3 shot win)|
|2017||Billy Horschel (playoff over Jason Day)|
|2016||Sergio Garcia (playoff over Brooks Koepka)|
|2015||Steven Bowditch (4 shot win)|
*All gamers gained at a unique golf course than TPC Craig Ranch
2021 AT&T Byron Nelson Greatest Worth Picks
- Aaron Clever (+7000): We have been excessive on him final week as an enormous sleeper, and he didn’t disappoint as he positioned in a tie for ninth. Gained this event in 2018, and he’s eighth in strokes gained tee-to-green in his final 36 rounds. Hits a ton of greens, rating seventh on the season in GIR.
- Keith Mitchell (+9000): Keith Mitchell was the 54-hole chief ultimately week’s Wells Fargo Championship, and he was proper within the thick of issues on the again 9 earlier than Rory McIlroy pulled away. Simply two occasions earlier than that he was T-4 on the Zurich Traditional of New Orleans.
- Scott Piercy (+17500): Should you’re searching for a protracted shot deep dive with potential worth for a top-ten guess, Scott Piercy is a robust possibility. On the Wells Fargo Championship, was tied for the lead on Saturday earlier than a tricky again 9 dropped him down the board, the place he ultimately settled for a T-11. Two years in the past at this event, he completed in a tie for second, going all 72 holes with out making a bogey.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and several other extra.