2021 First-Spherical NFL Mock Draft Based mostly Completely Off Betting Odds
- The 2021 NFL Draft begins Thursday, April 29
- Sportsbooks have launched a big number of NFL Draft props already
- We’ve taken all the percentages obtainable and pieced collectively our first spherical NFL Mock Draft based mostly strictly off these odds
With many of the large names in free company claimed, all eyes are on the 2021 NFL Draft, which begins Thursday, April 29 at 8pm ET. Though we’re fairly positive we all know how the primary two picks will play out, there may be loads of intrigue after that.
As a substitute of sitting right here and providing you with my opinion on what is going to occur – you’ll get a little bit of this on the backside of this web page – I’ve rounded up all of the NFL Draft odds and used them to piece collectively a full first spherical NFL Mock Draft.
The props thought of embody, however should not restricted to: odds to be a prime 5/10 choose, participant draft place over/unders, odds to be first participant taken at every place, first spherical place totals, offense or protection with first choose for every group and many others.
2021 NFL Mock Draft
|1||Jacksonville Jaguars||Trevor Lawrence||QB|
|2||New York Jets||Zach Wilson||QB|
|3||San Francisco 49ers||Mac Jones||QB|
|4||Denver Broncos*||Justin Fields||QB|
|5||Cincinnati Bengals||Kyle Pitts||TE|
|6||Miami Dolphins||Ja’Marr Chase||WR|
|7||New England Patriots*||Trey Lance||QB|
|8||Carolina Panthers||Penei Sewell||OT|
|9||Atlanta Falcons*||Patrick Surtain II||CB|
|10||Los Angeles Chargers*||Rashawn Slater||OT|
|11||New York Giants||Devonta Smith||WR|
|12||Philadelphia Eagles||Jaylen Waddle||WR|
|13||Dallas Cowboys*||Jaycee Horn||CB|
|14||Minnesota Vikings||Christian Darrisaw||OT|
|15||Detroit Lions*||Micah Parsons||LB|
|16||Arizona Cardinals||Caleb Farley||CB|
|17||Las Vegas Raiders||Trevon Moehrig||S|
|18||Miami Dolphins||Kwity Paye||EDGE|
|19||Washington Soccer Workforce||Dillon Radunz||OT|
|20||Chicago Bears||Teven Jenkins||OT|
|21||Indianapolis Colts||Liam Eichenberg||OT|
|22||Tennessee Titans||Greg Newsome II||CB|
|23||New York Jets||Jaelan Phillips||EDGE|
|24||Pittsburgh Steelers||Alijah Vera-Tucker||OL|
|25||Jacksonville Jaguars||Gregory Rousseau||EDGE|
|26||Cleveland Browns||Jayson Oweh||EDGE|
|27||Baltimore Ravens||Rashod Bateman||WR|
|28||New Orleans Saints||Terrace Marshall Jr||WR|
|29||Inexperienced Bay Packers||Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah||LB|
|30||Buffalo Payments||Azeez Ojulari||EDGE|
|31||Atlanta Falcons*||Najee Harris||RB|
|32||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Joe Tryon||EDGE|
*Denotes a projected commerce.
Right here’s a extra compact take a look at the mock, together with who at present holds every choose and the place we have now the trades occurring:
Projected NFL Draft Trades
- Broncos transfer as much as #4 for Fields – Personally, I don’t assume Denver will quit the picks to tug off this commerce. It can possible take the ninth-overall choose and one other second spherical choose. However the Ohio State quarterback continues to be closely favored to be chosen within the prime 5 picks, so we wanted to make a transfer. The opposite two groups anticipating a signal-caller are the Patriots and Bears, and people strikes would possible require a number of firsts going to the Falcons.
- Patriots transfer as much as #7 for Lance – The Patriots clearly don’t consider in Jarrett Stidham, and we’re uncertain what Cam Newton will herald 2021. New England wants their subsequent Tom Brady, however should make a transfer up from 15 to take action. Trey Lance’s draft place over/beneath is 6.5 at DraftKings, with -112 odds on both sides, and seven.5 at FanDuel, with the beneath listed at -215. Detroit is the right candidate to maneuver down, as they’ve holes throughout their roster to fill. The Lions would possible obtain the Pats’ first and second spherical picks from this draft, if this commerce occurs.
- Chargers transfer as much as #10 for Slater – I bumped into a difficulty with discovering a house for Rashawn Slater, who’s favored to be a prime ten choose. He has to fall in after Penei Sewell, who’s closely favored to be the primary offensive lineman taken, however wouldn’t make sense in Atlanta and the percentages favor Dallas going protection with their first choose. Together with their first spherical choose this 12 months (thirteenth total), the Chargers would possible need to throw in a 3rd spherical choose as nicely to amass some much-needed safety for Justin Herbert.
- Falcons transfer again into 1st spherical for Najee Harris – The Alabama working again’s draft place over/beneath is about at 29.5, with -112 odds on both sides. Seeking to the groups choosing late within the first spherical, none of them have evident holes at RB, so we wanted to push one other commerce by. The Todd Gurley experiment didn’t work out in Atlanta, and I don’t foresee Mike Davis being the answer both. It’s a brief transfer up the board for the Falcons from 35 to 31, possible needing to throw in one other mid/late-round choose, or probably swapping picks with the Chiefs within the fourth spherical.
First Spherical Mock Draft Notes
Enable me to justify among the different picks that have you ever calling me an fool:
- Bengals take Kyle Pitts at no. 5 – Cincinnati ought to be utilizing this choose on Penei Sewell, in my view. However Pitts’ odds to go within the prime 5 picks are set at -167, whereas Sewell’s have fallen to +108. Pitts additionally has the perfect odds to be the primary non-quarterback chosen within the draft. If Atlanta stays put at no. 4, they is likely to be those making the Florida prospect a prime 5 choose.
- Bears add to offensive line at 20 – Andy Dalton will not be the long-term reply beneath heart for Chicago, and he might not even be a lot of a short-term enchancment both. To present Dalton the perfect likelihood, although, they should get higher up entrance. The chances closely favor Chicago taking an offensive participant with their first spherical choose, and I wouldn’t be stunned in the event that they’re the group who picks off Kellen Mond or sells all the things to maneuver up for Fields/Lance. However no. 20 might be too early for Mond, and will probably be very dear for the latter.
- Ravens get Lamar an actual WR1 at 27 – Sammy Watkins is an efficient complementary receiver, however will not be the reply to Baltimore’s lack of a real no. 1 receiver. The chances say the Ravens go offense with their first choose, and whereas it could possibly be an offensive lineman, receiver makes an excessive amount of sense. After lacking on Kenny Golladay and Allen Robinson in free company, the group must make a splash on the place to get again on the identical degree because the Chiefs and Payments within the AFC.
- Packers take Owusu-Koramoah at 29 – wanting up and down the Packers roster, it’s simpler to establish positions they don’t want vs what they do. There’s not a ton to like exterior of QB, RB, LT, WR1, CB1, and the security place. If final 12 months’s draft tells us something, Inexperienced Bay possible takes a left sort out to take a seat behind David Bakhtiari for just a few years. The chances say the Packers go protection, although, and linebacker is such a giant want for them.
After working in TV, Matt turned his focus in the direction of numbers, particularly odds. He has been with us since 2016 and serves as SBD’s Editor-in-Chief, credited with creating our futures trackers, SBD’s rating predictor, SBD Sharp, and his personal mannequin for calculating NFL SOS, amongst different merchandise.