2021 Masters 2nd Spherical Preview, Odds and Picks
Justin Rose, of England, walks off the 18th gap with a seven-under par first spherical on the Masters golf match on Thursday, April 8, 2021, in Augusta, Ga. (AP Photograph/David J. Phillip)
- Justin Rose leads by 4 strokes after the primary spherical of the 2021 Masters
- Simply twelve golfers shot underneath par in very troublesome situations throughout Thursday’s opening day
- See the up to date odds at Augusta Nationwide under for Friday’s second spherical throughout the story under
By means of seven holes on Thursday, Justin Rose had a ho-hum spherical going, as he was two-over par, with no birdie on his card. What he did after that was outstanding, posting an eagle and 7 birdies to race previous the leaders into prime spot by 4 strokes.
Coming into the week, Rose had been struggling together with his sport and was resting attributable to a again damage, having not performed since withdrawing from final month’s Arnold Palmer Invitational. He was, nevertheless, such a nice worth wager at +10000 given his super historical past round Augusta Nationwide, main us to be bullish on him.
Most of the large names posted middling rounds, with pre-tournament favourite and defending champion Dustin Johnson taking pictures 74, Bryson DeChambeau stumbling to a 76 and Justin Thomas firing 73. Anybody effectively down the leaderboard will wrestle to slide into the inexperienced jacket on Sunday, at the least traditionally.
The final participant outdoors the top-15 after spherical one to style victory was Tiger Woods in 2005. Learn on to see the up to date Masters odds and the very best bets heading into Friday’s second spherical.
2021 Up to date Masters Odds
|Golfer||Place||Rating||Odds at FanDuel|
|Dustin Johnson||T-Thirty first||+2||+1800|
Odds as of April Eighth at 8:00pm EST
Rose Firing on All Cylinders
Justin Rose shook off an inauspicious begin to tear up an extremely troublesome Augusta Nationwide course, taking pictures 9-under in his ultimate eleven holes. That’s the very best anybody has ever accomplished in any spherical since 2004. His opening 7-under, 65, was additionally his greatest spherical ever at this observe by two strokes.
Justin Rose: sixth profession Masters spherical led or co-led, most of any participant in Match historical past with no win.
Will wind up with about 9.5 strokes gained complete vs the sphere; Eighth time in #TheMasters historical past a participant has beat the sphere scoring common by 9.5 strokes or extra.
— Justin Ray (@JustinRayGolf) April 8, 2021
Rose has now led after day one on 4 events, matching Jack Nicklaus for probably the most all-time. He hasn’t turned any of the opening leads right into a inexperienced jacket, nevertheless.
Justin Rose’s Ultimate Outcomes After Holding Masters First Spherical Lead
|12 months||First Spherical Lead & Ending Place|
|2004||2 pictures (T-22)|
|2021||4 pictures (???)|
He has, nevertheless, posted a pair of runner-ups (together with a playoff loss to Sergio Garcia in 2017), three different top-10’s and has been inside the highest 25 in twelve of 15 profession makes an attempt. Although he didn’t convert these 18-hole leads, they have been far earlier in his profession when he wasn’t as confirmed.
The priority is whether or not his again points flare again up, plus he hasn’t had a top-10 in his final ten PGA Tour occasions. (He does have a T-2 on the European Tour). His pre-event +10000 odds have been tremendous juicy, however at this low quantity, there actually isn’t a lot worth.
Finest Reside Worth Picks for the Masters
- Jordan Spieth (+750): We have been additionally large on Spieth coming into the week following his Valero Texas Open title. Managed to proper the ship after a dreadful triple bogey on 9 by taking pictures 3-under on the second 9 to submit a 71. That is the fifth time he’s opened the Masters with a rating underneath par – his earlier finishes have been a victory, a pair of runner-ups and a 3rd.
- Xander Schauffele (+2700): Strong odds contemplating Schauffele has seven profession top-10’s in majors, together with a T-2 on the Masters in 2019. All 4 of his victories have been come from behind trend, so not being in entrance gained’t faze him. Contained in the top-20 in eight of his final ten majors. Prepared to interrupt via after 5 top-5’s on the marketing campaign, together with three runner-ups.
This text incorporates hyperlinks to exterior sports activities betting providers. SBD might obtain promoting income from these hyperlinks, nevertheless editorial has hand-picked every particular person hyperlink based mostly on relevance to the article, with out affect on the protection.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and several other extra.