2021 Masters third Spherical Odds, Picks & Preview
Justin Rose, of England, watches his second shot on the Thirteenth gap throughout the second spherical of the Masters golf match on Friday, April 9, 2021, in Augusta, Ga. (AP Photograph/David J. Phillip)
- Justin Rose leads by one shot over Brian Harman and Will Zalatoris after spherical two of the 2021 Masters
- Twenty golfers are inside six photographs of Rose’s lead in a bunched up leaderboard
- See the up to date odds at Augusta Nationwide under for Saturday’s third spherical inside the story under
By means of 18 holes, 2013 US Open champion Justin Rose led the Masters by 4 strokes after an excellent opening spherical. He was leaking lots of oil on the primary 9 Friday the place he shot three over par and was dropping his grip on the lead. Nonetheless, Rose performed the second 9 in three below par to shoot even par, which was ok for a slim one stroke lead via two days.
Some huge names in golf did not make the reduce, with defending champion Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy and Brooks Koepka packing their luggage after a disappointing championship.
Coming into the week, we have been bullish on Rose’s possibilities given his astronomically excessive +10000 odds to win outright due to his super profession file at Augusta Nationwide. Jordan Spieth, one of many favorites coming into the occasion is simply two photographs again of Rose and the present betting favourite.
Learn on to see the up to date Masters odds and the most effective bets heading into Saturday, which is transferring day on the Masters.
2021 Up to date Masters Odds
|Golfer||Place||Rating||Odds at FanDuel|
|Si Woo Kim||T-Sixth||-4||+2700|
|Jon Rahm||T-Twenty first||EVEN||+4100|
Odds as of April ninth at 8:00pm EST
Rose Clinging To Lead Over Established Main Champs
Although Justin Rose is 2 forward of 2015 winner Jordan Spieth and three in entrance of 2017 PGA Champion Justin Thomas, he finds himself with the third shortest odds to win the match. He stalled in spherical two, stopping him from sustaining his robust edge, however he battled again to stay in entrance.
Justin Rose is the eighth participant since 1980 to steer #TheMasters outright after every of the primary 2 rounds.
Only one of the earlier 7 – Spieth in 2015 – went on to win.
— Justin Ray (@JustinRayGolf) April 9, 2021
He really hit two extra greens Friday in comparison with Thursday, although he’s nonetheless struggled on the primary 9. By means of two days, he’s 2-over-par on the primary 9 holes and nine-under-par on the second 9. If he continues that development, his +550 odds would possibly climb up halfway via Saturday, which is likely to be the proper time to seize him at extra worth than he has now.
At this level, Spieth, the 2015 champ who has a pair of runner-ups and a 3rd place exhibiting in his profession at this championship, would nonetheless should be thought of the favourite to win one other inexperienced jacket.
Greatest Dwell Worth Picks for the Masters
- Xander Schauffele (+1400): We have been huge on Schauffele at +2700 heading into Friday, and he didn’t disappoint, firing a strong 3-under, 69 to maneuver inside 4 strokes. Has hit 29 of 36 greens via 36 holes, so he’s placing it fantastically. Two years in the past was T-2nd at this championship. All 4 of his profession PGA Tour victories have been in come from behind style, so he received’t be rattled beginning behind.
- Marc Leishman (+2000): Two photographs again after a robust 5-under, 67 on Friday. Ten birdies via two rounds, and has began three below via 4 holes in every of the primary two days, which may bode nicely for a quick begin Saturday. He’s had 5 profession top-10’s in majors, together with a T-4 and ninth place on the Masters and a playoff loss on the 2015 Open Championship.
This text accommodates hyperlinks to exterior sports activities betting companies. SBD could obtain promoting income from these hyperlinks, nevertheless editorial has hand-picked every particular person hyperlink based mostly on relevance to the article, with out affect on the protection.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview exhibits, and several other extra.