2021 PGA Championship 2nd Spherical Odds, Preview and Picks
Corey Conners, of Canada, reacts after a putt on the seventeenth gap through the first spherical of the PGA Championship golf match on the Ocean Course Thursday, Could 20, 2021, in Kiawah Island, S.C. (AP Picture/Chris Carlson)
- Corey Conners leads the 103rd PGA Championship by two photographs over six golfers after 1st spherical play
- Viktor Hovland and two-time PGA champ Brooks Koepka favored proper behind the Canadian
- See the up to date odds at Kiawah Island, SC beneath for Friday’s second spherical inside the story beneath
The primary spherical of the PGA Championship on the Ocean Course in Kiawah Island performed very tough on Thursday, with simply 30 golfers capturing below par. The perfect spherical of the morning wave was a strong 3-under, 69. Then Corey Conners shot a blistering 5-under, 67, to grow to be the primary Canadian to guide after any spherical of a serious since Mike Weir on the 2009 US Open.
Among the greater names and match favorites like Rory McIlroy and Justin Thomas struggled, forcing them to make up some severe floor to get again into this championship. With related situations anticipated on Friday, low scores shall be scarce, however the course is enjoying extraordinarily honest.
It wasn’t all carnage within the opening spherical, nonetheless for some high notch golfers inside two of Conners’ lead, together with Brooks Koepka and Viktor Hovland. Learn on to see the up to date PGA Champinship odds and the very best bets heading into Friday’s second spherical.
2021 Up to date PGA Championship Odds
|Golfer||Place||Rating||Odds at FanDuel|
|Jon Rahm||T-Thirty first||Even||+1600|
|Bryson DeChambeau||T-Thirty first||Even||+2000|
|Cameron Smith||T-Thirty first||Even||+3700|
Odds as of Could twentieth at 8:00pm EST
Koepka Contending at One other Main
There’s an outdated adage in golf – “beware the injured golfer” – and that’s completely what the sector needs to be frightened of concerning two-time champion Brooks Koepka. He’s missed each cuts since getting back from a knee damage on the Masters and final week’s AT&T Byron Nelson, and nonetheless seems to be awkward bending right down to learn putts.
Nonetheless, we have been excessive on him earlier than the week at +4500 odds as a result of he has an innate capacity to carry out greatest on the grandest levels.
Brooks Koepka’s Finest PGA Championship Finishes
After a dreadful opening double bogey, the four-time main champ rallied to shoot a stellar 3-under, 69, ok to tie him for second. Koepka hit the ball superbly, rating first in strokes gained approaching the inexperienced.
He at the moment sports activities the third shortest odds to win, however had he been at good well being coming, most undoubtedly he’d be the favourite going ahead. At +1000 odds, Koepka continues to be very a lot worthy of a wager primarily based on his 4 main titles since 2017 and his elite ball putting.
2021 PGA Championship Finest Reside Worth Picks
- Jon Rahm (+1600): Jon Rahm had a completely uneventful spherical of golf Thursday, posting two birdies towards two bogeys to shoot even par, simply 5 strokes again. Third this season in SG: off-the-tee and fourth in greens in regulation, which ought to give him loads of possibilities to rebound with a morning tee time. He was the second favourite coming into the week, and although he didn’t have a stellar first day, nonetheless sports activities intriguing odds.
- Gary Woodland (+2900): The 2019 US Open winner has seen a resurgence in his recreation following a setback after he gained his first profession main. He shot a 2-under, 70, and fifth in SG: approaching the inexperienced. Was fifth in his final begin on the difficult Wells Fargo Championship. He additionally loves the PGA, having posted back-to-back top-10’s in 2018 and 2019.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities trade because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and several other extra.