2021 PGA Tour Charles Schwab Problem Odds and Picks
Corey Conners, of Canada, hits on the third gap in the course of the remaining spherical on the PGA Championship golf event on the Ocean Course, Sunday, Might 23, 2021, in Kiawah Island, S.C. (AP Photograph/Chris Carlson)
- The Charles Schwab Problem from Fort Price, TX tees off Thursday, Might twenty seventh
- Jordan Spieth is the +1000 favourite over Collin Morikawa and Justin Thomas
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the very best likelihood of rising victorious and supplied the very best worth bets under
After a spellbinding PGA Championship that noticed Phil Mickelson grow to be the oldest main champion ever, the PGA Tour heads to Colonial Nation Membership for the Charles Schwab Problem. Mickelson turned again the clock to seize his second Wanamaker Trophy and 6 profession main title at Kiawah Island. He’s teeing it up this week, and has tasted success at this occasion, having gained it in 2000 and 2008.
Colonial Nation Membership is understood greatest for being a ball strikers paradise, with extra emphasis on accuracy and precision versus a ‘bomb and gauge’ mentality. The longest hitter’s best energy off the tee is neutralized at this quick and tight observe.
Jordan Spieth, who gained the 2016 iteration of this championship, is the +1000 favourite to get the job completed once more. He’s adopted by Collin Morikawa, who misplaced in a playoff final 12 months at this venue, and Justin Thomas.
Daniel Berger is the defending champion, having gained this event within the first occasion again following the COVID-19 tour stoppage.
2021 Charles Schwab Problem Odds
|Golfers||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds as of Might twenty fourth
Corey Conners Constructed for Colonial
If there ever was a participant that was completely suited to the precision required at Colonial, it’s Corey Conners. This season, he’s fourth in strokes gained approaching the inexperienced, ninth in each SG: tee-to-green and off-the-tee and eight in greens in regulation.
Within the final 36 rounds, Conners has been placing on an outstanding show, as evidenced by these stellar ‘strokes gained’ statistics.
Corey Conners’ Strokes Gained Stats In Final 36 Rounds
|Ball Putting||Tee-to-Inexperienced||Whole||Off-the-Tee||Method||Placing||Brief Sport|
He’s additionally performed solidly at this venue in three earlier makes an attempt from 2018-20, the place he’s been T-8, T-19 and T-31. Mixed, he’s third in SG: ball placing, fifth tee-to-green and tenth in whole strokes gained in these three years.
Conners is available in taking part in actually strong golf as nicely, having posted top-25’s in seven of his final eight stroke play occasions, together with 4 top-8’s in that span. With +2300 odds to win outright, you’re nonetheless getting him at respectable worth, as he’s displaying indicators that he’s able to win his second PGA Tour occasion.
Final 5 Charles Schwab Problem Winners
|2020||Daniel Berger (playoff over Collin Morikawa)|
|2019||Kevin Na (4 shot win)|
|2018||Justin Rose (3 shot win)|
|2017||Kevin Kisner (1 shot win)|
|2016||Jordan Spieth (3 shot win)|
2021 Charles Schwab Problem Greatest Worth Picks
- Joaquin Niemann (+3000): Famous person within the making Joaquin Niemann has been as constant as they arrive, having made 19 straight cuts. He’s second in scoring common, eight in whole strokes gained and tenth off the tee. Niemann has had a pair of runner-ups this 12 months, and was contained in the top-10 coming into the ultimate spherical of the PGA. Made the lower in all three tries right here, with a T-8 his greatest in 2018. Sixth in SG: tee-to-green throughout that span.
- Gary Woodland (+4300): 2019 US Open champ Gary Woodland has seen a resurgence in his sport following a tough patch. He’s been contained in the top-six in two of his final 5 begins, and that doesn’t embody him being within the top-10 eventually week’s PGA Championship coming into the ultimate spherical. Ninth on this event final 12 months.
- Kevin Na (+6500): This 12 months’s Sony Open winner has tasted success at this observe up to now, having gained it in 2019 and he was additionally fourth in 2018. Within the final twelve rounds at Colonial, he’s first in SG: ball placing and strategy, second in whole strokes gained and twelfth in placing. He’s gained 4 instances since 2018 and at these lengthy odds, value a flier particularly given his file round this course.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview exhibits, and a number of other extra.