2021 PGA Tour Valspar Championship Odds and Picks
Paul Casey tees off on the eighth gap throughout the closing spherical of the Valspar Championship golf match Sunday, March 24, 2019, in Palm Harbor, Fla. (AP Picture/Mike Carlson)
- The Valspar Championship from Palm Harbor, FL tees off Thursday, April twenty ninth
- Justin Thomas is the +800 favourite over Dustin Johnson
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the very best probability of rising victorious and supplied the very best worth bets beneath
One week after we nailed the successful tandem of Marc Leishman and Cameron Smith on the Zurich Traditional of New Orleans, the PGA Tour heads to Florida for the demanding Valspar Championship. The Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Membership is a tough check, the place ball putting will probably be at an all time premium.
Six of the final seven champions have been no higher than ten-under-par for the week. The closing stretch of holes 15-17 are generally known as ‘the snake pit’ proving a demanding problem for the world’s greatest.
This observe is all the time one of many harder ones on the PGA Tour, with it rating because the third hardest in 2019. Shut calls are the norm for this championship, with eleven of the final 13 champions successful by only a single shot or in a playoff, with the 2 exceptions being two shot victories.
Justin Thomas heads the record of rivals, and he’s one in every of 4 gamers within the prime 10 world rankings competing, joined by Dustin Johnson, Patrick Reed and Tyrrell Hatton. Paul Casey returns because the two-time defending champion, having gained by one stroke in every of the final two iterations.
2021 Valspar Championship Odds
|Golfers||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds as of April twenty sixth
Corey Conners Has Been on a Tear
Not many golfers can boast Corey Conners’ large document in his final 5 stroke play occasions. His ends in that time-frame are as follows: third, Seventh, T-14th, T-Eighth and T-4th. Unsurprisingly, over the course of the final 36 rounds on the PGA Tour, the Canadian has been dynamite in key strokes gained classes.
Corey Conners’ Strokes Gained Stats In Final 36 Rounds
|Whole||Tee-to-Inexperienced||Ball Putting||Off-the-Tee||Method||Brief Recreation||Placing|
Placing, which has lengthy been Conners’ downfall, has considerably improved of late, as he’s gained strokes on the greens in his final 5 occasions. He’s sixth in greens in regulation and ninth in strokes gained tee-to-green on the marketing campaign.
In his lone look on the Valspar, Conners held the 54-hole lead in 2018, earlier than a tricky Sunday dropped him to a tie for sixteenth. That was the primary time within the hunt on tour, and he’s progressed exponentially since then. With +2600 odds, you’re getting the 2019 Valero Texas Open champion at higher worth than six different golfers.
Final 5 Valspar Championship Winners
|2019||Paul Casey (1 shot win)|
|2018||Paul Casey (1 shot win)|
|2017||Adam Hadwin (1 shot win)|
|2016||Charl Schwartzel (playoff over Invoice Haas)|
|2015||Jordan Spieth (playoff over Patrick Reed and Sean O’Hair)|
2021 Valspar Championship Finest Worth Picks
- Jason Kokrak (+3700): Jason Kokrak has been taking part in very solidly, with three straight top-10’s in stroke play occasions earlier than his middling Masters end result. He’s additionally had success at Innisbrook, ending T-2nd in 2019, T-Eighth in 2018 and T-Seventh in 2015. First in strokes gained tee-to-green at this observe in final 24 rounds.
- Justin Rose (+4000): Justin Rose has racked up 5 profession top-15’s on the Valspar, together with a T-5 in his most up-to-date outing in 2018. Within the final 24 rounds at this match, he’s first in whole strokes gained and second in SG: tee-to-green. In three of his final 5 worldwide begins, he has runner-up, seventh place and a T-11 showings.
- Henrik Stenson (+10000): Lengthy shot with big upside. Has found out his recreation after a protracted droop, placing collectively a decent Masters and was T-11 on the Zurich Traditional. Loves this championship, the place he had 4th-T-Eleventh, T-Seventh showings three consecutive years from 2015-17. First in strokes gained method, third in whole SG and fourth tee-to-green in final 24 rounds at this venue.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and a number of other extra.