2021 RBC Heritage 4th Spherical Odds, Picks and Preview
Stewart Cink eyes his drive off the follows his drive off the ninth tee throughout the third spherical of the RBC Heritage golf match in Hilton Head Island, S.C., Saturday, April 17, 2021. (AP Photograph/Stephen B. Morton)
- Stewart Cink leads by 5 strokes over Collin Morikawa heading into the ultimate spherical of the 2021 RBC Heritage
- Solely 5 gamers are inside seven photographs of Cink’s lead
- See the up to date odds at Harbour City Golf Hyperlinks under for Sunday’s closing spherical inside the story under
47-year-old Stewart Cink has had a profession resurgence within the 2020-21 season, having already received the Safeway Open earlier within the marketing campaign. Now, he’s 5 photographs away from the sphere at this week’s RBC Heritage, which is the biggest 54-hole lead on the PGA Tour this season. His three spherical whole of 18-under par additionally units a match document.
Coming into the occasion, Cink was not one of many high favorites to win outright, as he had tremendous lengthy +15000 odds to say the title. After a pair of 8-under, 63’s heading into the weekend, Cink’s third day wasn’t as dynamic however nonetheless units himself up with an opportunity to win his third profession RBC Heritage (2000, 2004).
For these trailing, right here’s meals for thought – the biggest 54-hole comeback on this championship occurred in 2004, when Cink overcame a nine-shot deficit to win in a playoff. Learn on to see the up to date odds and one of the best bets heading into Sunday’s closing spherical, the place a champion will probably be topped and the customary plaid jacket will probably be awarded.
Up to date 2021 RBC Heritage Odds
|Golfer||Place||Rating||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds as of April seventeenth at 7pm EST
Cink Has Strangehold on Event
Earlier than profitable the Safeway Open in direction of the top of 2020, Stewart Cink hadn’t received on the PGA Tour since stealing the Claret Jug from Tom Watson on the 2009 Open Championship. Having that victory in Napa below his belt this season will probably be an enormous enhance heading into Sunday, since he received’t be battling for his first win in twelve years and questioning whether or not he may recover from the end line for the primary time in over a decade.
The yr 1997:
Stewart Cink holds his first 54-hole lead on the PGA Tour
Collin Morikawa is born
They’re going to be within the closing pairing collectively tomorrow.
— Justin Ray (@JustinRayGolf) April 17, 2021
Most significantly, he’s been placing the ball superbly by 54 holes, as he’s hit all however ten greens, rating T-2 for the week. He’s additionally fourth in putts per inexperienced in regulation. The one potential query mark heading into Sunday is his driving accuracy, as he’s solely hit eleven of 28 fairways within the final two days.
Stewart Cink’s Strokes Gained Rankings For 2021 RBC Heritage
|Complete||Tee-to-Inexperienced||Strategy||Across the inexperienced||Placing||Off the tee|
As the percentages and leaderboard counsel, Collin Morikawa must be the one participant standing in his method of claiming the title. Morikawa birdied 4 of the final six holes Saturday to get within the closing group. Had Cink not received the Safeway Open, it might be simpler to see him struggling to win the RBC Heritage, however his lead appears very insurmountable.
Within the final 15 years, 33 of 40 gamers who lead by 4 or extra photographs heading into the ultimate spherical have gone on to win the title.
Greatest Stay Worth Picks for the RBC Heritage
- Sungjae Im (+2700): Sungjae Im begins Sunday seven again, and he ranks twenty first in closing spherical scoring common for the marketing campaign. First in strokes gained off the tee this week, and he’s no stranger to going low to win, claiming the 2020 Honda Basic with a closing day 66. T-4 in birdies this week, making 15 plus an eagle.
- Webb Simpson (+3300): The defending champion has been ten-under the final two days, together with a Saturday finest spherical of 64. Loves this monitor with a win, playoff loss, and has been contained in the top-16 within the final 4 iterations. After struggling on the greens the primary two rounds, gained over three-and-a-half photographs on the sphere in that class Saturday. nineteenth in closing spherical scoring common. Shot a 64 within the closing spherical to win final yr’s RBC Heritage.
This text accommodates hyperlinks to exterior sports activities betting companies. SBD could obtain promoting income from these hyperlinks, nevertheless editorial has hand-picked every particular person hyperlink based mostly on relevance to the article, with out affect on the protection.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities trade because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and a number of other extra.