2021 Wells Fargo Championship Odds and Picks
Rory McIlroy, of Northern Eire throughout the second spherical of the Masters golf match on Friday, April 9, 2021, in Augusta, Ga. (AP Picture/Gregory Bull)
- The Wells Fargo Championship from Quail Hole Membership in Charlotte, NC tees off Thursday, Might sixth
- 4 of the top-five on the planet are competing, together with +1000 match favourite Justin Thomas
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the perfect probability of rising victorious and supplied the perfect worth bets beneath
Simply two tournaments stay till the second main championship of the season commences on the PGA Championship from Kiawah Island, South Carolina. This week it’s the Wells Fargo Championship from famed Quail Hole Membership, which hosted its personal PGA again in 2017 – gained by Justin Thomas. This course will even be a preview for subsequent 12 months’s Presidents Cup.
Thomas and three others within the prime 5 on the planet rankings are teeing it up (Dustin Johnson opted to not play). JT is the +1000 favourite to earn his second victory of the season, having already taken the Gamers Championship. Jon Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau are the following two favorites on the board.
The ultimate three holes, dubbed ‘the inexperienced mile’ boasts one of many hardest ending stretches on the PGA Tour, and it has sunk loads of golfers probabilities in a watery grave. There was no match final 12 months on account of COVID-19, making Max Homa the defending champion.
2021 Wells Fargo Championship Odds
|Golfers||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds as of Might third
McIlroy Loves Quail Hole
By his lofty requirements, Rory McIlroy has been on one thing of a protracted hunch, having not gained on the PGA Tour because the 2019 WGC-HSBC Champions. He’s additionally missed the lower in two of his final three begins on the Gamers Championship and the Masters.
Nonetheless, the Ulsterman is a modified golfer when he steps on these grounds, the location of his very first tour victory in dramatic style manner again in 2010. Two years after that, he misplaced in a playoff, then in 2015 set the match report, ending at 21-under-par. With that stated, he’s a strokes gained darling at this observe.
McIlroy’s Strokes Gained Stats In Final 20 Rounds at Wells Fargo
|Complete||Tee-to-Inexperienced||Ball Placing||Off-the-Tee||Strategy||Brief Sport||Placing|
General, in 9 journeys to this championship, McIlroy has made all however one lower, with seven top-10’s and a T-16. Earlier than his current pace bump, he had consecutive top-10’s on the WGC-Workday Championship and at Bay Hill, so it’s not like his recreation is to this point off. With +1600 odds to win outright, you’re getting McIlroy at higher odds than the top-three on the board.
Final 5 Wells Fargo Championship Winners
|2019||Max Homa (3 shot win)|
|2018||Jason Day (2 shot win)|
|2017||Brian Harman (1 shot win)*|
|2016||James Hahn (playoff over Roberto Castro)|
|2015||Rory McIlroy (7 shot win)|
*Brian Harman gained at a unique golf course
2021 Wells Fargo Championship Finest Worth Picks
- Max Homa (+3400): Max Homa enters because the defending champion, having gained in 2019, the place he gained ten pictures on the sphere on the greens. In his final eight begins, he’s been contained in the top-25 six occasions, together with 4 top-10’s. Most notable was his victory on the Genesis Invitational, and eventually week’s Valspar Championship, entered the ultimate spherical only a stroke behind earlier than settling for a T-6 end.
- Keegan Bradley (+5000): Keegan Bradley very practically gained his fifth title on the Valspar, the place he ended up because the runner-up. That was his sixth straight strong match, the place he’s had nothing worse than a T-30 in that span. Simply two begins in the past was T-4 on the Zurich Traditional. Seventh in strokes gained tee-to-green this season.
- Aaron Smart (+12000): Deep dive with large potential upside. Reduce from an identical fabric as final week’s winner Sam Burns, Aaron Smart has loved success at this venue. In 2018, he was a runner-up to Jason Day, then the next 12 months positioned T-18. The 2018 AT&T Byron Nelson champion was second at this season’s Mayakoba Traditional and he’s seventh in greens in regulation on the marketing campaign.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview reveals, and several other extra.