Anatolii Zyrin Defeats Huge Area in Colossus to Declare Second WSOP Bracelet ($314,705)
Anatolii Zyrin defeated Michael Lee heads-up in Occasion #55: $400 Colossus on the 2021 World Sequence of Poker to win his second bracelet and the $314,705 high prize. The occasion attracted one of many largest fields on the WSOP with 9,399 producing a wholesome $3,101,670 prize pool.
Whereas it wasn’t the biggest money of his profession, Zyrin stated this one felt prefer it was essentially the most deserved. “The primary one was extra luck, however this one was gained on ability. I needed to defeat such a big area. Actually unusual feeling while you win in opposition to greater than 9,000 folks.”
The Russian’s earlier WSOP bracelet got here in 2019 when he defeated a area of 717 entries within the $1,500 Omaha Combine occasion.
Occasion #55: $400 Colossus Last Desk Outcomes
|2||Michael Lee||United States||$194,450|
|3||Kevin Rand||United States||$147,595|
|4||Phuoc Nguyen||United States||$112,730|
|5||David Ripley||United States||$86,650|
|6||Eric Kim||United States||$67,025|
|9||Penh Lo||United States||$32,240|
This was the primary time a WSOP bracelet closing desk was held within the King’s Lounge, and it was as a result of reality of how busy the opposite rooms have been. However after seeing the power from the rail who have been capable of get nearer to the motion, this may increasingly grow to be extra common sooner or later. After the final hand of the event, Zyrin leaped into his boisterous rail that included a lot of his associates and girlfriend.
“It was superb to have them right here,” Zyrin stated about his associates. “I need to thank my associates, my girlfriend. I need to say hey to my mother and father, sister, brother, canine, everybody again house.”
Zyrin was left grinning ear to ear together with his girlfriend and translator standing by his facet throughout his post-tournament interview.
Going ahead, Zyrin will likely be sticking round Las Vegas for a minimum of the subsequent two weeks earlier than heading again throughout the Atlantic Ocean for WSOP Europe which will likely be happening beginning November fifteenth at King’s On line casino in Rozvadov. “I am undecided what I’ll play earlier than the Essential Occasion, however proper now I simply want some sleep. I promised my rail that if I completed high three there can be a celebration, however possibly tomorrow.”
Observe all of the live-action because it occurs from the 2021 World Sequence of Poker in Las Vegas!
Last Day Motion
There have been 49 gamers that returned for the ultimate day and there was no scarcity of motion proper from the onslaught. Every participant that returned was assured a payout of $6,120. The pay jumps elevated at a speedy tempo with the ultimate three tables being assembled throughout the first hour of play.
As soon as the ultimate three tables moved into the King’s Lounge, a rail began to type they usually received louder because the day progressed. A few of the notables pressured to the payout desk all through the day included WSOP gold bracelet winners Brett Apter (twenty sixth place), Barbara Enright (twenty fifth place), and Carlos Chang (18th place).
It was simply earlier than the second break of the day that Robert Mather was eradicated on the ultimate desk bubble. The eliminations began to sluggish with the pay jumps turning into extra important. Jeffrey Stellwagon, Penh Lo, and Vincas Tamasauskas all exited in a well timed style with a pleasant increase to their wallets.
Seven-handed play continued for over 90 minutes with a brand new quick stack discovering a number of double-ups. Ultimately, Martin Gavasci ran his ace-jack right into a red-hot Lee who wakened with ace-king within the huge blind. That led to a different two fast eliminations with Eric Kim and David Ripley ending in sixth and fifth place respectively.
Phuoc Nguyen was left because the shortest stack whereas the opposite three gamers handed chips across the desk. Nguyen lastly discovered a fortunate double up but it surely did not final lengthy as he was eradicated within the very subsequent hand. With simply three gamers remaining and the blinds escalating shortly, it was anybody’s recreation.
Kevin Rand was a part of the rollercoaster as he as soon as held the chip lead but in addition spent a while on the quick stack. Regardless of back-to-back double-ups, Rand nonetheless discovered himself in danger in opposition to Zyrin who proved time and time once more how relentless he was. Zyrin flopped high pair in opposition to Rand and turned a straight to remove Rand in third place.
It wasn’t the beginning that Zyrin was searching for as soon as heads-up play started. Lee confirmed some fierce aggression which led to him holding almost a two-to-one chip lead after the primary few palms. Nonetheless, Zyrin noticed a few well timed check-raises on the river that in the end value Lee. Within the closing hand of the event, Lee was unable to flee a rivered straight when Zyrin turned a child flush, bringing an finish to Lee’s unbelievable run.
This concludes the PokerNews protection of this occasion however take a look at the WSOP Dwell Reporting Hub to comply with all of the thrilling motion right here on the Rio All-Suite Resort and On line casino.
- 1 Caesars Palace Supplier Jimmy Barnett Topped On line casino Workers Champion
- 2 Jesse Klein Tilts Hellmuth on Option to 2021 WSOP $25K H.O.R.S.E. Win for $552,182
- 3 Jeremy Ausmus Wins First Gold Bracelet of the 2021 World Sequence of Poker
- 4 Lengthy Ma Tops Close to 13,000-Participant Area to Win The Reunion and First WSOP Bracelet
- 5 Connor Drinan Wins Second Bracelet in Occasion #5: $1,500 Omaha Hello-Lo 8 or Higher
- 6 Tyler Cornell Will get Signature Victory in 2021 WSOP Occasion #6: $25,000 Excessive Curler ($833,289)
- 7 Jaswinder “Jesse” Lally Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #7: $1,500 Sellers Alternative 6-Handed ($97,915)
- 8 Aces within the Last Hand as Zhi Wu Wins Occasion #8: $600 Deepstack ($281,604)
- 9 Ari Engel Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in $10,000 Omaha Hello-Lo 8 Championship; Hellmuth Fifth
- 10 Michael Perrone Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #10: $1,000 Tremendous Turbo Bounty No-Restrict Maintain’em ($152,173)
- 11 Jason Koon Wins Maiden WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #11: $25K Heads-Up Championship ($243,981)
- 12 Yuval Bronshtein Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #12: $1,500 Restrict Maintain’em
- 13 Harvey Mathews Wins Occasion #13: $3,000 Freezeout No-Restrict Maintain’em ($371,914)
- 14 Lebron Captures Gold; Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #14: $1,500 7-Card Stud
- 15 Bradley Jansen Wins First WSOP Gold Bracelet in Occasion #15: $1,500 6-Handed No-Restrict Maintain’em ($313,403)
- 16 John Monnette Wins Fourth WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #16: $10,000 Restrict Maintain’em Championship ($245,680)
- 17 Vladimir Peck Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #18: $2,500 Blended Triple Draw Lowball ($134,390)
- 18 DJ Alexander Captures 1st WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #20: GGPoker Flip & Go ($180,665)
- 19 Phil Hellmuth Denied sixteenth Bracelet as Anthony Zinno Wins His third within the $10K Stud Championship
- 20 Dylan Linde Wins His First WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #21: $1,500 Blended Omaha Hello-Lo ($170,269)
- 21 Michael Prendergast Wins Maiden Bracelet in Occasion #24: $600 Pot-Restrict Omaha Deepstack ($127,428)
- 22 Ryan Leng Wins Occasion #23: $1,500 Eight Sport Combine 6-Handed for $137,969
- 23 Daniel Lazrus Wins 2021 WSOP Millionaire Maker for 2nd Bracelet ($1,000,000)
- 24 Lara Eisenberg wins 2021 World Sequence of Poker Women NLHE Championship
- 25 Czech Professional Dalibor Dula Turns into First European Bracelet Winner on the 2021 WSOP
- 26 Anthony Zinno Wins Fourth Gold Bracelet in Occasion #27 $1,500 H.O.R.S.E.
- 27 Scott Ball Celebrates First WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #25: $5,000 6-Handed No-Restrict Maintain’em
- 28 Dylan Weisman Wins WSOP Occasion #28: $1,000 Pot-Restrict Omaha for First Bracelet ($166,461)
- 29 Likelihood Kornuth Wins Third WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #29: $10,000 Quick Deck ($194,670)
- 30 Phil Hellmuth Wins Report sixteenth World Sequence of Poker (WSOP) Gold Bracelet
- 31 Jim Collopy Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #32: $3,000 H.O.R.S.E. for Second Gold Bracelet ($172,823)
- 32 Michael Noori Captures First WSOP Bracelet and $610,437 within the Monster Stack
- 33 Ran Koller Wins WSOP Occasion #33: $800 Eight-Handed No Restrict Maintain’em Deep Stack ($269,478)
- 34 David “Bakes” Baker Wins Third WSOP Title in Occasion #34: $1,500 Restrict 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw
- 35 Anthony Koutsos Wins First WSOP Bracelet In Occasion #35: $500 Freezeout No-Restrict Maintain’em ($167,272)
- 36 Adam Friedman Defeats Phil Hellmuth to Win WSOP $10k Supplier’s Alternative for Third Straight 12 months
- 37 Karolis Sereika Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #37: $1,500 Tremendous Turbo ($195,310)
- 38 Michael Addamo Wins Third WSOP Gold Bracelet in Occasion #38: $50K Excessive Curler ($1,132,968)
- 39 Josh Arieh Wins Third Bracelet in Occasion #39: $1,500 Pot-Restrict Omaha ($204,766)
- 40 Kevin Gerhart Wins Third Profession Bracelet in Occasion #40: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship
- 41 Bradley Ruben Dazzles within the $1,500 Razz; Wins Third WSOP Bracelet
- 42 “Interest Participant” Carlos Chang Wins First Bracelet in $2,500 NLHE Freezeout
- 43 Ryan Hansen Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Occasion #44: $3,000 6-Handed Restrict Maintain’em ($109,692)
- 44 Chad Norton Wins A Bracelet in His First-Ever WSOP Occasion!
- 45 Kazuki ‘hyahhoo3’ Ikeuchi Wins WSOP On-line Occasion #5: $1,000 NLH ($152,797)
- 46 France’s Alexandre Reard Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #47: $5,000 Freezeout NLH ($428,694)
- 47 Tommy Le Wins WSOP $10,000 Pot-Restrict Omaha Championship For Second Time
- 48 Brian Rast Wins Fifth Bracelet; Units Sights on Poker Corridor of Fame
- 49 Premonition Turns into Actuality as Darrin Wright Wins First WSOP Bracelet
- 50 Goals to Win a WSOP Bracelet Come True for Anthony Denove within the $1K Double Stack
- 51 Farzad Bonyadi Wins Fourth Bracelet in $10K 2-7 NL Single Draw, Ends Sixteen-12 months Drought
- 52 Poker Philanthropist Gershon Distenfeld Wins WSOP Bracelet, Pledges All Winnings to Charity ($204K)
- 53 Nicholas Julia Wins Occasion #54: $2,500 9-Sport Combine 6-Handed ($168,608)
- 54 Shaun Deeb Wins fifth Bracelet in WSOP Occasion #53: $25,000 PLO ($1,251,860)
- 55 Robert McMillan Wins 2021 WSOP Occasion #52: $1,000 Seniors Championship ($561,060)
- 56 Ben Yu Wins Fourth Bracelet in Occasion #56: $10,000 6-Handed NLH Championship ($721,453)
- 57 Anatolii Zyrin Defeats Huge Area in Colossus to Declare Second WSOP Bracelet ($314,705)