Opening 2022 Masters Odds – Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm Co-Favorites
Hideki Matsuyama, of Japan, celebrates throughout champion’s inexperienced jacket ceremony after successful the Masters golf match on Sunday, April 11, 2021, in Augusta, Ga. (AP Picture/David J. Phillip)
- Hideki Matsuyama received the eighty fifth version of the Masters for his first main championship
- Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm are the early co-favorites to win the 2022 Masters match
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the very best likelihood of rising victorious subsequent 12 months and offered the very best worth bets under
Hideki Matsuyama captured the primary Japanese males’s main title in thrilling style Sunday, incomes his first main title within the course of. He had a commanding lead via the second 9, however practically let all of it slip away earlier than holding off Masters rookie Will Zalatoris by a single stroke. Earlier than the occasion, Matsuyama had +4500 odds to stroll away with the title, which he was capable of accomplish largely as a result of a unbelievable second 9 6-under-par, 30 on Saturday.
It’s by no means too early to look into the long run and attempt to use our crystal ball to foretell the champion twelve months from now. Oddsmakers have put in 2020 champion Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm as co-favorites to win this prestigious championship.
Learn on to search out out the chances for subsequent April, together with some worth bets to probably have an eye fixed on for the long run.
2022 Masters Odds
|Golfer||Odds at DraftKings|
Odds as of April eleventh, 2021
Xander Schauffele Getting Nearer To Profitable A Main
Xander Schauffele appeared poised to steal Hideki Matsuyama’s inexperienced jacket from him after a sensational 4 birdie stretch on Sunday to get inside two strokes with three holes to play. An premature tee shot into the drink thwarted these hopes with a dreadful triple bogey, nevertheless it was yet one more instance of how shut he’s come to main glory.
Xander Schauffele was a category act in his interview. One of many craziest up-and-down rounds ever. Bogeys at 3 & 4 adopted by a double bogey at 5 adopted by birdies at 7 & 8, then a run of 4 straight birdies on the again adopted by a triple at 16, ending his possibilities. #GoCougs
— Jim Moore (@cougsgo) April 11, 2021
He completed in a tie for third this go round, and was even higher on the Masters in 2019, leading to a T-2 end. In eight of his 15 profession main tournaments, the X-Man has been contained in the top-10, together with 4 top-3 showings. Headed into the 2022 version, Schauffele may have one other shut name to be taught from his defeats, together with his present odds at +1400. He’s actually a reputation to contemplate for subsequent 12 months and for the majors in 2021 given his capacity to always discover himself within the hunt.
Final 5 Masters Champions
|2021||Hideki Matsuyama (1 shot win)|
|2020||Dustin Johnson (5 shot win)|
|2019||Tiger Woods (1 shot win)|
|2018||Patrick Reed (1 shot win)|
|2017||Sergio Garcia (playoff over Justin Rose)|
2022 Masters Finest Worth Picks
- Brooks Koepka (+2000): By subsequent 12 months, if all goes effectively Brooks Koepka received’t be hobbled like he was this time, resulting in his first missed lower in six tries at Augusta. Although he didn’t play effectively in his first begin since knee surgical procedure, this can be a observe he’s performed very effectively on previously, with T-11, T-2 and T-7 showings the final three years. The four-time main champion has the right sport for this venue and the pedigree.
- Scottie Scheffler (+4000): By subsequent 12 months, these odds may be decrease for Scheffler, contemplating his ascent among the many video games elite. Was runner-up on the WGC-Dell Applied sciences Match Play two weeks in the past, practically successful his first title. In his final three majors, Scheffler has been contained in the top-20 on these events, with T-19 and T-18’s on the Masters and a T-4 on the 2020 PGA Championship.
- Cameron Smith (+6600): In three of his final 4 Masters makes an attempt, Cameron Smith has discovered himself within the top-10. In 2018 he was T-5, final 12 months was T-2 the place he turned the primary golfer to shoot within the 60’s all 4 days and was T-10 this time. Eleventh in birdie common this 12 months, which might be an incredible signal he’d knock down a bunch of birdies ought to he proceed that development in 2022.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities business because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 13 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview exhibits, and a number of other extra.